Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sweet Peacock does the Polka Dot

Yeah that title doesn't make any sense but it's catchy right? Sounds like a rock band's album title. At any rate yesterday my hubby and I got to head out on a date!! We don't get these too often so I wanted to do a manicure he was going to LOVE. His favorite nail polish of mine is Orly Sweet Peacock from the Bird's of a Feather collection. Vibrant, metallic blue. I saw this post from Geeky Owl and was inspired!
Here is this glorious color. I just adore metals. They dry fast and have super coverage. This is a single coat.

I haven't really used my dotting tools much but after this I forsee a LOT of dotting tool work in my future. It was so fun and so quick and so easy. On BOTH hands at that! The dot colors are Sally Hansen White On, Sally Hansen Black Diamonds, and Zoya Trixie. All of my husbands fave colors represented: blue, black, silver, and white. He adored this manicure! The white dots have a smaller dot of Sweet Peacock in the center to created the concentric look.

And I haven't posted my baby girl's nails in awhile. She loved the dots and wanted me to do something with them on her nails:
She wants dots but the moment I said 'hearts' her eyes lit up! But after I finished them she still wanted some dots so I added those and I have to say this little girl has a future in nail design. Don't you think ;)

I apologize for the length of this post but today's manicures were so wonderful I just had to share the awesomeness of them!!

7 comments:

  1. Love the title name so cute. Sweet Peacock is such a vibrant pretty blue. I love the dots inside the dots idea. I'll have to to try that. Both manis are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mani is gorgeous!!! I love the colors. Orly Sweet Peacock is such a great polish. And your daughter has great taste. Such a cute mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your peacock nails! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet! I have yet to try that dot mani technique, its on my list though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the sweet comments - be sure to check out Geeky Owl's post - her dots are super cute too ;) I hope this trend catches on so I can see what others come up with! OOOOOHHH I JUST HAD AN IDEA! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors! Your dots turned out so well! Thank you for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!!!!! i'm so stealing this idea! and the little fingers are sooocute. she definitely has a future in polish lol <3

    ReplyDelete