Saturday, August 4, 2012

Champagne and hearts (HP14)

Hubby's Picks proved to be a little simpler this week as hubby picked a really fantastic array of colors. After doing the cute hearts on my toes yesterday I was still in sweetness mode so I came up with a stamped design:
It's not a full plate design. It's Konad plate m3 which was one of the first two plates I bought (I now own well over 50 of varying brands). This one is was a cluster of 4 hearts: two outline and two filled. I stamped each nail with Julep January anywhere from 2-6 times depending on the size of the nail and then used a smaller dotting tool to fill some of the hearts with Sally Hansen Purple Pizzazz to accent the design.
Wait. There's only three colors here. But didn't hubby pick four.....?
He did and I took the liberty of layering OPI Pros and Bronze with Orly Winter Wonderland for this incredibly smooth and wonderfully shiny champagne type effect. I totally LOVE it!
The thumb was the one I had to stamp 6 times. Despite that it was a fairly easy design to do and I just love the finished manicure so much I plan on rocking it this weekend. Hope you have something fun planned! Get out and enjoy that wonderful sun <3

4 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous design! it's like those sally hansen stick on ones but nicer. Great combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought when I finished! I was wondering if people would just think I had stuck foil stickers on. I want to try some other designs now with Winter Wonderland since I'm fairly certain that's the one that gave the effect. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I love Pros & Bronze! It looks great with that stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I bought the pack for the other color in it, but this one totally stole my heart.

      Delete