Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Megan Miller Latte: The ugly polish I love

So I bought this one forever ago because I wanted to try a Megan Miller and it happened to be named Latte. The color is, in my opinion, ugly. It's exactly the shade of a latte but somehow the ugly hue. I don't know how to explain it but there it is. In addition it's an odd formula - somehow not a jelly but not a creme but not a crelly either. Very...odd. It paints smooth and self-levels but I can't paint it out too much or it does this strange stretching thing. I get the sensation of that weird colored packing tape that used to be used on boxes. Yet I love it. I don't really know why:
The bottle itself is uber cute but I'll probably never buy another of this brand. This is two coats with no topcoat.
Just for fun I thought I'd add some chunky stripes in various directions in Sonia Kashuk Emerald City. I bought this one hoping for an emerald but got a blackened forest green instead. Sad but it looks really nice over this Megan Miller.

 I know, I know - another oddly subdued manicure but I'm really enjoying exploring these looks. Totally new for me!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I totally agree it's like packaging tape!! I really like this color, too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets packaging tape from this - thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. very interesting color indeed....i feel like its one of those polishes you need to see in person!

    www.pamperedwithpolish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very odd and I can't think of any easy dupes, but the color is worth it I think. The other colors in their collection are kind of predictable but this one is definitely left field.

      Delete