Sunday, February 3, 2013

A springtime mosaic - Hubby's Picks (HP23)

As with most any week I was a little stumped going into this one BUT inspiration hit and I LOVE the end look. The colors were perfect for this and it just screams springtime mosaic. I thought watercolor but the colors are little too choppy for that.
Probably the hardest part about using a suran wrap technique this way is trusting it and plunging on even if you feel the initial look is a hot mess. Hot mess is what we want. The trick is to pull and blend the colors without mixing them into a new color. Dabbing till they layer but stopping once they do. Probably not a beginner technique but SUPER fun and really worth the stress that comes from pushing beyond what seems like an initial fail.

Base up is LEX Tulleries with dabs of So Laque Bleu Model, OPI Ink, and OPI Pros and Bronze. I really think it's the coppery bits and the hints of glitter that pull this look together. A mix of opaque and partially sheer polishes also compliment each other really nicely.
I hope some of you give this a try - the suran wrap technique isn't new and I don't know who found it first, but you simply pull a sheet of it, cut off small bits and wad them up and then dab the wet polish to get a marbled looked. Let the polish get tacky for a whole new look!

4 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! i love the color combo, great picks hubby! they all go so well together and you wouldn't think they would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - he always thinks he's got me! *smug look* Ok, ok he DID get me one time but one time out of 23 isn't a bad record. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh, I was so curious to see what you'd to with The Lex. Gorgeous and creatively, beautifully you, as always ♥ If I ever get around to trying this technique I'll def stick with two colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What if I triple dog dare you to try three colors? ;) You're such a doll and I'd LOVE to see what you did with this technique.

      Delete