Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Rainbow Honey Mystery Box UNBOXED

When I heard that Rainbow Honey had released a mystery box with some minis and a few goodies for ten dollars I just had to have it. I ended up ordering it with a cuticle stick and Tera Flare to justify shipping, but in the future I am absolutely ordering the box regardless of shipping. The box is worth more then the 10.00 price tag.


There were so many goodies in this little package! It was all wrapped in tissue paper and sealed with the traditional Rainbow Honey silver heart sticker.


*Click to enlarge if you can't read the print*

First the swatches of the included nail polishes: Sparkling Agave from the Midnight Garden Collection (available March 14th) and Poffin Party - a prototype that may become available if enough people enjoyed the glitter topper.


The base color is Sparkling Agave which is a great spring green with mirror shards in iridescent, gold, and blue. It was my favorite. The glitter topper is Poffin Party which is a mix of small and large matte circles with matte squares and iridescent shard glitters. Little fishing to get the glitters and had to use the dab method, but all in all a very unique and super fun glitter polish.


They are topped off with the included mini of the unscented top coat. It was a great top coat and it'll be perfect for travel needs.

Next up is the mini rollerball perfume sample of Sakura Matsuri. Let me tell you I'm dying to buy the full size. I'm so happy I got to try this!



How cute is that?! Also the scent is heaven. On the site it is described as: "Sakura Matsuri: Bright florals, exotic fruit, tea on Sunday afternoons, and just the right amount of sweetness reminiscent of my favorite lychee rice dumplings."

Last was a full size pot of nail art glitter in Have a Heart.


I tried dipping a wet nail in the glitter and it was way too thick, so I'll be using this as accents. It says solvent resistant and I do have some base so I may create a glitter topper. At any rate it's super pretty, but not available on the site. Maybe it will be in the future?

Total value:
Sparkling Agave: 5.00
Poffin Party: 5.00
Unscented top coat: 4.00
Nail glitter pot: 5.00
Sakura Matsuri sample: ?

Total: At least 19.00

The February box is sold out, BUT the March box is available for purchase! Use "ilovenailblogs" to make it 8.95 shipped. I've already ordered mine and will post it when it comes. I'm super excited!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice box! Some wonderful items here too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely lovely - March box isn't here yet, but I'm hoping that means it'll be here today!

      Delete
  2. That tiny rollerball is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! March's box has one too, but February's is a better scent in my opinion.

      Delete