Thursday, June 2, 2011

Green with envy...

...that my nail art didn't work out that is. I picked up Sally Hansen Green With Envy a while and seeing it sitting next to Zoya's Breezi inspired me to swatch it then try a bit of stamping. For the record a lot of cream Zoya's will stamp to some degree - you just have to stamp them on a lighter shade. The problem occurred when Shawn siddled up and begged to be stamped too (honestly it wasn't my fault!). Well here's what happened:
 
First the swatch. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Green with Envy paints out nice and evenly and becomes opaque with 2 thin coats or one generous coat and is this wonderfully vibrant, avocado with a slight lime twist to it. More of a yellow green then a blue green, but NOT a yellow green at all. I'm not a fan of the Xtreme Wear brush as it seems to shed every so often but what can you honestly expect out of a 2-3 dollar polish? By the way I picked this one up on a buy two get one free and use three 1.00 coupons for a grand total of 2.58 for all!
 
So I was going for art deco - I got it in a "paint splashed on my nails" kind of way. Basically a mess. You can see that I'm taking it off but thought I'd take a picture so you can see the mess I made. 

On another note I tried out the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Cleared For Takeoff. Take it from me - when you find your top coat stick with it. I love the brush but I do not like the results. Chipped in one day! So sad....The other polish is one I bought last night and intend to try it out today - I printed a coupon for it and got it for .99 cents - it claims to last 10 days - review to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment