Friday, July 15, 2011

Jessie's Girl and my technicolor day

Remember how I said there's a nail revolution happening in my home? Allow me to expound here: I have a mini me and you see her nails but I have three boys and a husband who all seem fascinated with my little polishes of awesomeness. The two year-old gets so excited when they come out he starts dancing around while saying, "paw-ishes". He brought me Electric Pineapple by China Glaze, presented his tiny fingers and said, "peas". How could I resist?





Obviously I don't swatch it out perfectly on him but watching him toddle around with chubby little fingers splayed and waving them around "yike mama" is seriously adorable! Oh the technicolor and what am I wearing? 
 Yesterday was tie-dye day! So I got a kit, some towels (think of how easy it'll be to locate our towels at a crowded pool), and did not put on the gloves. Pretty smart thing BEFORE taking pictures of that day's manicure right? Interestingly enough I'm coordinated! This is Jessie's Girl in Glee and is probably in my top five favorites polishes. It is glitter OVERLOAD - the color and shimmer stole my heart. It takes about 2-3 coats to achieve full opacity. 


These are super affordable and are all super pigmented like this one is though this one seems to be the only glitter in the collection. They run about 2.99 at Rite Aid. Oh and the towels turned out AWESOME and the kids want to use them for everything from drying off to super hero capes - who knew tie dye could turn a regular towel into something so versatile?

No comments:

Post a Comment