Saturday, August 1, 2015

On a long, hot day...

We're nearing the apex of the summertime heat. Which means it's HOT. Having spent the last week camping with my wonderful family at a beautiful lake where the heat was tempered with gorgeous winds kicking off the lake to cool everything down I have to say I'm not a fan. Especially since our landlord won't allow window a/c units. Because he's sadistic I'm pretty sure. Or I'm weak. Or both.

At any rate I also got a renewed sense of love for pretty nails WITH NO DIRT UNDER THEM. It doesn't matter what you do while camping there doesn't ever seem to not be dirt under the nails. It's enough to drive this mama bonkers!

So I give you Zoya Aphrodite with a saran wrap Zoya Severine accent. Red plus gold equals gorgeous sophistication. Once upon a time I would never have worn that combination, much less been head over heels in love.

Zoya Aphrodite is a delightfully juicy orange-leaning red. A deeper jelly with microshards lurking in the depths. I'm not as keen on Zoya Severine as it's almost a frost finish white leaning gold that refuses to dry without bubbling on me. However it makes a wonderful accent.


Photos are natural light at sunset. Not my favorite time to photograph, but I'll miss my favorite lighting in going to work tomorrow so oh wells!



I'm a little rusty from my blog break, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things. I have a new nail strips subscription box I'm giving a go coming in a week or two, and some Julep goodies that should be landing soon as well. Here's to nail mail and, hopefully, cooler weather on the horizon!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a beautiful manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I was super worried since I haven't been on in awhile, but I super adore the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy, chúng tôi cung cấp máy photocopy ricoh, toshiba, canon, sharp, đặc biệt chúng tôi có cung cấp máy photocopy màu uy tín, giá rẻ nhất.

    ReplyDelete