Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Water marble....fail? ....win?

You that one thing that just evades you? You tell yourself to be like the engine that could (I'm a mom - you were warned). "I think I can, I think I can!" I chant as I look through Pinterest at water marbles. I do this to myself far too much. Then I get bold and out comes everything I own. Because you never know. Maybe if I pull out everything I'll appear prepared and my supplies will be intimidated into surrendering the spoils of war: a perfect water marble.

Per usual, an almost perfect nail, two ok nails, two "no one will see that where's the acetone" nails, and a couple choice words later:


It's not a total fail. It's more of a "well on reality tv when someone steals the beef for my filet Mignon and swaps it for ground chuck so here's my new plan" manicure. Here's the non-photo hand to demonstrate what happened:


Yes gradients. I know, I know. It's a go-to. It's so pretty and put together. Plus, look, I did accent nails to tie it all together! Practically meant it! "Here, judges, I've created for you a mixed media look to really show you the variety of nail art choices." Beaming smile and a an exchange of looks that says, "Yeah that wasn't your plan, but, sure, we'll all pretend it was."

That's it for now. If you have some tips for the perfect water marble make sure to leave me a comment. I'd so love to conquer this nail art.

2 comments:

  1. I think its a win. Its so much better than mine when I do them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling it's something that one gets better at if they try it regularly. But I've seen your nail art and you are TALENTED!

    ReplyDelete