Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hubby's Picks: The one with chewed up bubblegum (HP10)

So two tings. One is that I realized I was using HB to name my Hubby's Picks when I should have been using HP. Ooops :) The second is I realized why I don't like Sally Hasen Trust Mauve. It looks like chewed up bublegum that someone stuck on a table and it sat in the sun. Mmmm yum right? Anyhow onto the good stuff:
Layering: Since Zoya Kotori and Wet N' Wild Blue Wants To Be A Billionaire (good grief that name is looooooong) are both sheer blues with micro glitter particles I decided to simply layer them. That looked AMAZING!
 This is slightly blurred so you can see all those deep blue and holographic particles interacting. Next I dotted Sally Hansen Trust Mauve on my nail line - honestly it has a truly fantastic formula. It's pretty sheer painted on it's own but builds beautifully. It just looks like chewed up bubblegum.
Then I tipped it with Wet N' Wild Ready To Pounce. Now Ready To Pounce is a gorgeous and deeply rich purple that glows with depth...and chips nearly instantly. So sad for such an intensely beautiful purple.

All in all not my favorite Hubby's Picks but totally not the worst (remember the spider?). Hope your summer is going great!

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the "chewing gum" it's actually one of the wow factor,
    do you like the polish better now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I'm not sure yet - I've got another manicure planned with it so we'll see after that one. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, I liked the spider! This is a creative mani, even with the abc gum color. ;) You going to keep it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - the spider wasn't bad but I'm remember the pain in the arse it was to do due to the dry time on those awful Kleancolors. I think I will keep it merely for the fact that it's a color that makes me uncomfortable and I'm going to try another manicure. If that doesn't fare well I will part ways with it. <3

      Delete