Friday, June 21, 2013

Pretty and Polished Review pt 1

Good morning all - this is going to be a photo heavy post, BUT it's an indie review (product sent for my review. Click here to see my disclosure) with nail art. Part two will have the product portion of the package.

The two I received are So Jazzed! and Popples from her Summer in the City collection.



First up is So Jazzed! This was my favorite of the two and is described as: "A gorgeous neon purple shade (almost magenta) with a mixture of neon blue glitters in it. This polish really POPS!" Very quick dry time and a very nice dispersal of glitters that spread easily.


 Direct sunlight. Two thin coats with no top coat.


Indirect sunlight. Two thin coats and no top coat.


Next up is Popples with is described as: "It has the perfect white base and is packed with the most amazing neon glitters. This shade will really pop any time you wear it and it even glows nicely in the Black Light!" I found the dry time slightly slower with this one, but not much. Glitters came right out of the bottle and applied beautifully.


Direct sunlight. Two thin coats with no top coat.


Indirect sunlight. Two thin coats with no top coat.

Now for a little twist! First off I was curious as to what a french tip would be like with Popples. Basically AWESOME!


I just used Essence french tip stickers, did a slightly thicker coat of Popples, and topped off with top coat for a very fast and super fantastic summer time french tip.

Wait there's more! We need So Jazzed! too right?


Working off of the french tip I placed more tip stickers and painted from the nail base up with the second color leaving the unpainted line in the center. Couple of studs (not sent by Pretty and Polished but she does have a nail art section).



This was a super fun package to receive and I got colors I genuinely love and will be rocking this summer. Which did you like more? Do you like seeing nail art done with indie polishes?


6 comments:

  1. I really like Popples! Both are lovely colors though. I love the manicures you created with them too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Popples is super pretty - I'm actually thinking I might wear it as a pedicure. I've never worn white on my toes!

      Delete
  2. Popples is just too cute and I seriously love it as a french. Did you have any of those toys when you were a kid? My sister had one and I thought it was adorable, but nobody ever gave me one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't!! I remember wanting one soooo badly and never getting one. My littlest sister had one and I'd steal it and play with it. Whew - glad to get that off my chest. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love them both. But So Jazzed is my fav! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It's like Zoya Charisma with vibrant blue awesomeness. Who wouldn't just love that? Thanks so much :)

      Delete