Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rainbow Honey April Mystery Mini Bag Review

The very highly anticipated April Rainbow Honey Mystery Mini Bag is now in my hot hands. This month was even better then last month! I'm really hoping this trend of awesome keeps up.

So I open up the bubble mailer and the little package was packed full of goodies.
                                                                                                

Inside there was two mini polishes in Cameo 18 and Stellar Treat, All Your Base base coat, Rose Nectar lip balm (this appears to be full size), one gram of pigment in Sparkling Agave, a Rose Nectar perfume roller ball, ten gold studs, and a set of eye shadow applicators. Like I said, packed!

First up is Cameo 18. This pink is HOT! This is a must have shade I can not stop staring at. The formula is fantastic and easily a one-coater, but I did two just because I have to. It's not the polish. It's me. But I digress.


My camera went crazy trying to capture the neon hotness of this. No top coat because I love the finish so much!

Up next is Stellar Treats, which is a mega glitter bomb. Packed with various pink and iridescent glitters and speckled with some teal glitters, with a dash of holographic pink star glitters making this is a must have.



I'm wearing the All Your Base base coat with this manicure. It was a nice base coat. Didn't take too long to dry which I prefer in my base coats. Plus the name is AWESOME! I think I'm overusing that word...


Next up is the rollerball scent which I didn't take a close up. It's the same as previous months so for a size comparison click here. Speaking of which I loved February's scent, Sakura Matsuri, so much I bought the full size. LOVE IT SO MUCH!

This month was Rose Nectar which is, as it sounds, very much a rose scent. I'm not a fan of rose scents so I handed this off to my best friend who adores rose scents. She's ordering a full size too.

In the same scent was the full-size lip balm. The scent is more subdued to I actually really enjoy this one a lot. I've been wearing it for a couple days now to try it out and it's pretty nice. Hubby, however, does not like it. Sad day because, for some reason, I really like the faint scent through out the day.


Next up is the pigment in Sparkling Agave. I'm thinking this is to go along with the polish we got in February's box:


It does seem pretty similiar in color so I'm wondering if she's planning to launch a whole line to coordinate with select colors.


Please note that I'm a polish swatcher and not a make up swatcher.


However this pigment is not very, well, pigmented. I haven't tried it on my eyes, but above is one and then two runs with my finger. It will suit my more subtle make up needs so I'm pretty happy with this!

Last is the extras she put in. Gold nail studs and applicators. Perfect compliments to this bag. 


Total value:
Cameo 18: 5.00
Stellar Treats: 5.00
All Your Base base coat: 4.00
Sparkling Agave pigment: 6-7.00 based on market value of 1 gram of pigment
Rose Nectar rollerball: 1.50
Rose Nectar lip balm: ?
Applicators and studs: extras

Total: At least 21.50

If you'd like to take a closer look at the descriptions of anything here's this month's card:


So.much.win! I will definitely be getting full size bottles of the polishes this month. Her April bag is still up for grabs so hop on over and grab yourself this spring into summer essentials look. Sold on the subscription? Get yourself signed up now and you'll get to start with the May bag. I can hardly wait for mine!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this box was just as great as the last one. Some nice stuff you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it super fun? I feel like the boxes are really on target for for season too, which I adore. It'll be interesting to see how they change going into fall. I know she's not really an indie that "changes" with season, so it'll be interesting to see how I feel about this as it progresses.

      Delete